2021 Safe & Civil Schools
Join us virtually for the 25th Annual National Conference
July 12-16, 2021
Join us virtually for the 25th anniversary of our summer conference. This 5-day conference will allow you and your teams to dive deeply into a topic of your choice.
On Monday, enjoy an engaging keynote with Anita Archer and Jessica Sprick. We will then present discussion questions so you can learn how your colleagues are planning to handle the multitude of challenges facing the next school year.
Tuesday Through Friday: In-Depth Sessions
In-depth sessions begin Tuesday and continue through Friday.Select one four-day session that meets Tuesday through Friday for 3 hours each day.
These four-day session will allow you to explore your chosen content area in depth (preregistration is required). Each session includes a complimentary copy of the course book.
After a quick break for lunch, we will return for a general session each day. During these panel discussions, our experts will focus on specific issues facing our field today.
Creating a Schoolwide Culture of Attendance and Engagement focuses on ways school teams can work with vision, intention, and practical strategies to ensure students attend school every day possible and experience meaningful, positive engagement throughout their school experience.
Teachers will be instrumental in creating classroom environments designed to keep students safe, flexible, and confident.
CHAMPS Classroom Management will help teachers improve the classroom climate and reduce disruptions in both socially distanced face-to-face and virtual learning environments.
Discipline in the Secondary Classroom, a special section for secondary teachers, will address teaching appropriate classroom behaviors with older students.
Coaching Classroom Management. Instructional and behavioral coaches will learn how to help teachers better navigate the world of classroom management.
Explicit Instruction will immerse practitioners in the theory and practice of designing and delivering instruction in a manner that is systematic, direct, engaging, and success oriented
Early-Stage Interventions. When students have been away from the traditional classroom setting for an extended period of time, we may see an increased need for simple, teacher-friendly, evidence-based interventions.
Designing Tier 2 and 3 Behavior Support Systems. Many students will need targeted and/or intensive individualized interventions for more complex and persistent behavior problems exacerbated by the long break and the difficulties that all families are facing. Learn how to develop Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions for students most at-risk for academic and behavioral failure.
Safe & Civil Schools National Conference Sessions: Register Now
Registration fee is $650 per person and includes one four-day In-depth Session, Monday Keynote, and daily Panel Discussions. Register by June 28 for best rate. Price increases to $750 on June 29. Registration closes July 7.
Each registration also includes the associated session book mailed directly to the attendee. SCS virtual sessions may also be eligible for graduate credit through Brandman University.
Monday, July 12 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT: Keynote and Social In-depth
Tuesday – Friday, July 12– 16, 11:30am ET/8:30am PT: In-depth Sessions followed by Panel Discussion each day starting at 3:00pm ET/12:oopm PT
Please select ONE in-depth session:
- CHAMPS Classroom Management — Presented by Dr. Kaytlynn Milliken
- Discipline in the Secondary Classroom — Presented by Jacob Edwards
- Leadership in Behavior Support — Presented by Susan Isaacs
- Coaching Classroom Management — Presented by Tricia McKale Skyles
- Designing Tier 2 and 3 Behavior Support Systems – Presented by Dr. Tricia Berg
- Early-Stage Interventions – Presented by Tom Stacho
- Creating a Schoolwide Culture of Attendance and Engagement — Presented by Jessica Sprick
- Explicit Instruction – Presented by Dr. Anita Archer
Keynote presented by Anita Archer & Jessica Sprick
Join us after the keynote for social time and discussions with colleagues. We will provide guided questions so people from across the country can share ideas about how they are reopening their schools, creating effective safe teaching environments, and welcoming students back.
Each in-depth session features 12 hours of instruction, and each attendee should be prepared for some homework each day. Attendees should sign up for only one In-depth session. Each meeting will build on the previous one so we encourage live attendance. For those who must miss a meeting, recordings will be available for a limited time.
The panel discussions will be themed by day and will provide an opportunity for participants to submit questions based on the theme.
Virtual National Conference FAQs
- Live virtual sessions will be conducted via Zoom. Each attendee will receive two confirmation emails from Zoom. One is for the Keynote and daily panel discussion, and the other is for your In-depth session. Please keep those confirmation emails handy. They include the links you will need to join the Zoom sessions. Also consider using the “Add to Calendar” link included in the confirmation email.
- Price is for a single attendees seat for all sessions (keynote, panel discussions, and 4-day In-depth session) and a copy of the book for the In-depth session, which will be sent directly to attendee. Please include the email address and shipping address for each individual attendee during checkout.
- If you miss any of the sessions, a recording will be available for 24 hours after the live session concludes.
- Graduate-level professional development credit is available for this course through Brandman University. Click here to learn more.
- Questions? Please use our online help form.
Session book will ship upon registration and may take 7–10 business days to arrive. If your book does not arrive by the time sessions start, you’ll still be able to follow along with the Zoom sessions.